Nothing is set in stone, and that goes double for movie projects and their titles. Recent years have seen movies phase out the need to get all sequential and rather have some sort of exotic tagline instead, something which the upcoming Batman vs Superman is looking at doing.
Fusible.com listed the following domain names getting scooped up by the Dubya Bee:
- Man of Steel Battle the Knight
- Man of Steel Beyond Darkness
- Man of Steel Black of Knight
- Man of Steel Darkness Falls
- Man of Steel Knight Falls
- Man of Steel Shadow of the Night
- Man of Steel The Blackest Hour
- Man of Steel The Darkness Within”
Now this makes sense from a franchise view. While the first Batman movie may have been “Batman Begins”, The Dark knight and the The Dark Knight Rises are two movie titles which are responsible for the Nolan films being known as the Dark Knight Trilogy. There’s some powerful merchandising available in those terms, and it wouldn’t be too far fetched to imagine the WB keeping its cinematic universe cohesive by making all Superman movies “Man of Steel” movies.
There are some good titles up there, and let’s not forget, this is a Superman movie after all.
Last Updated: November 22, 2013