It must be good to have some sort of title in the WWE these days, especially in a locker room that is about to burst as Vince McMahon looks to kill off all possible competition by buying every possible professional wrestler alive today. Over the years, the WWE has had no shortage of gold and while the WWE Universal Championship is still at the top of the ladder, there are plenty of other belts that superstars will battle it out for. Oh and the Tag Team championships, I guess.
This Sunday will see every single championship that the WWE has to offer, up for grabs. From Seth Rollins pulling double duty with and against his own teammate Braun Strowman to AJ Styles defending against Cedric Alexander for the United States Championship, there’s going to probably be a few belt changes on that night. Just like my dad whenever I got into trouble. Hey if it worked for Pootie Tang, it’ll work for any kid.
Here’s the full match card for Sunday’s Clash of Champions:
- Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman
- Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
- WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
- Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan (No Disqualification Match)
- SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
- Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross vs. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions Big E and Xavier Woods vs. The Revival
- Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz
- United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Lince Dorado
Prediction time! Here’s what I’ll bet my original Mick Foley Mr Socko on, as I’m pretty sure it’s dead easy to guess how a WWE match will end these days:
- The 24/7 championship will change hands roughly 5643 times
- Drake Maverick will never consumate his wedding
- Nobody cares about the Cruiserweight championship so whatevs
- AJ Styles to retain, thanks to a little assist from the Only Club That Matters
- The Miz will defeat Shinsuke Nakamura, so that he’ll have something new to talk about on his reality TV show
- The Revival will lose, because on what planet will we ever see actual tag team specialists not being buried in the WWE?
- It’s been a good couple of months that they’ve held the tag team titles, so expect Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross to lose to the more marketable Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.
- Oh and a heel turn from Alexa Bliss on Cross, after the match
- Strowman will cost Rollins the tag team gold by blindsiding his partner, because the WWE Universal title is the only belt that actually matters to him
- Bayley will retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship over Charlotte, thanks to an assist from Sasha Banks
- This again but vice versa in the case of Banks vs Becky Lynch, setting up a Survivor Series showdown between teams
- Kofi Kingston to retain? Probably, kids like him and he’ll still have the belt for a while
- Braun Strowman to face an injured Seth Rollins, Rollins will barely win as he taps into the heart of the match cards to pull off a surprise victory
And that’s my prediction! What do you think? Am I on the money or totally wrong? Sound off below and let’s see just how right (or devastatingly wrong) I am, come Sunday.
Last Updated: September 13, 2019