WWE Extreme Rules took place at the Royal Farms Arena in Balitimore, Maryland last night. Here’s all the action that went down as each match featured the most extreme of stipulations for the challengers to various belts.
- Kalisto def. Apollo Crews (Kickoff Match)
- The Miz def. Dean Ambrose to become the new Intercontinental Champion
- Rich Swann and Sasha Banks def. Noam Dar and Alicia Fox
- Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss def. Bayley
- Cesaro and Sheamus def. The Hardy Boyz to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions (Steel Cage Match)
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville def. Austin Aries (Submission Match)
- Samoa Joe def. Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins
Some quick highlights of the event here: Neville’s successful defense of his Cruiserweight championship ended the king managing to off a top rope Red Arrow that comboed into the Rings of Saturn, earning him the victory in a brilliant and hard-fought bout. The Hardy Boyz suffered a rare loss in the night, as Jeff Hardy’s Whisper In The Wind finishing move may have knocked the wind out of Cesaro and Sheamus but it did allow them to narrowly defeat the champs and claim the gold at long last when they escaped the cage.
After multiple months as the Intercontinental champ, Dean Ambrose finally lost his title to The Miz, who attempted to use the match stipulations to his favour to get Ambrose disqualified. After some more shenanigans from The Miz, he finally caught Ambrose in the skull-crushing finale, sealing the deal on his most favourite of championships as he walked out of the ring with the Intercontinental belt with him once again.
Over the women’s division of RAW at Extreme Rules, Alexa Bliss and Bayley made good use of Kendo sticks, but it was a DDT from Bliss that put Bayley down for the count. The biggest match of the night saw Samoa Joe dominate, as the ring eventually looked like a Drowning Pool song with bodies hitting the floor everywhere. Joe caught Finn Balor in the dreaded Coquina Clutch hold, choking out the former WWE Universal champ and being declared the winner. Just in time to give WWE Universal Champ Brock Lesnar a run for his belt.
Last Updated: June 5, 2017