Despite being over five years old, Terraria continues to receive big, significant updates. The last one for example, 1.3.2, gave players all the tools they needed to throw a wild party.
The latest update however is a little more serious, and a whole lot more… sandy (no, not you Alessandro). Here’s an overview of what 1.3.3 entails (via PC Gamer):
- A new weather event has been added, sandstorms! With it come new enemies, new loot, a new soundtrack, and a unique experience in the desert biome!
- Blizzards now have a new visual effect
- Deserts and the Underworld now have a heat distortion visual effect.
- Dripping sand effects can be found in the desert, and placed anywhere by the player with the Magic Sand Dropper!
See what I mean? This isn’t some half-assed content patch! Instead of just throwing in some nifty weather event into their 2D survival title, developers Re-Logic have gone the extra mile (yet again) and brewed up an entirely new experience.
Naturally, this means that there are a whole lot of new items to craft too. Here’s what you can expect to add to your collection:
- Added the Forbidden Armor Set
- Added Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount)
- Added Onyx Blaster
- Added Sky Fracture
- Added Mandible Blade
- Added Spirit Flame
- Added Pocket Mirror
- Added Djinn’s Curse
- Added Lamia Vanity Set
- Added the Ancient Vanity Set
- Added Desert Spirit Lamp
- Added Magic Sand Dropper
- Added Sandstorm Music Box!
- And several new banners!
And of course, what’s a Terraria update without one or five gameplay changes? The new sandstorm weather event means that some of them desert biome folk have received adjustments, but that’s not all:
- Sand Poachers now inflict the Venom debuff
- Dune Splicers now have more HP and Defense
- Dune Splicers and Tomb Crawlers may be more aggressive, especially during Sandstorms.
- Added a new block mining visual effect
- Added multiplayer performance improvements
- Upped spawn rates in underground desert
It’s been a good, long time since I played Terraria. I don’t think I’d recognise the game if I picked it up again now to be honest. There have been so many updates that it’d actually all be a bit overwhelming to grasp! I’d love to get back into it one day though.
What about you? Do you still play it religiously? Are you happy with all this new sandy content?
Last Updated: September 12, 2016
??????? ????? ™
September 12, 2016 at 13:11
Stopped playing a while back, keeping away from it, don’t want to be sucked in again!