Earlier this year, THQ Nordic shocked the gaming world by announcing an expansion to the old isometric diablo-like Titan Quest. Called Titan Quest: Ragnarok, the 2017 expansion came as such a shock, because the game was released in 2006.
It looks like they’re not quite done with Titan quest yet. THQ Nordic has announced that the game will make its way to current gen consoles on 20 March 2018. There’s a Switch port coming too, but there’s no date on that, with THQ Nordic saying it’ll arrive “when its done.” The Titan Quest Console Edition will be the full game you remembered plus the plus Immortal Throne expansion – but, importantly, will not be coming with the Nordic Ragnarok expansion. It will also have remastered graphics (hopefully making it look like a modern game and not one from 2006) and online co-op for up to six people.
Says the Press release:
“From Age of Empires co-creator Brian Sullivan and Braveheart writer Randall Wallace comes an action role playing game set in ancient Greece, Egypt and Asia. The Titans have escaped their eternal prison, wreaking havoc upon the earth. The gods seek a hero who can turn the tide in an epic struggle that will determine the fate of both men and gods. Are you ready for the quest?”
- Explore the Ancient World – Unlock arcane mysteries as you journey to legendary locations
- Conquer Monsters of Legend – Battle mythical beasts in a story-driven campaign that will determine the fate of all existence
- Highly Customizable Characters – Build and customize your characters with 28 classes and over 1000 pieces of unique and legendary items to create the ultimate champion
- Online Multiplayer Gameplay – Challenge others to experience the story in fast-action, 2-6 player online cooperative gameplay
- Console controls & UI – Tailor made UI and controls for a perfect ARPG experience using a gamepad
- Remastered graphics – Fully reworked textures for an up to date Titan Quest experience
Oh yes, there’s also a shiny Collector’s Edition:
Last Updated: December 13, 2017