Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is an incredibly fun new entry into the franchise, but it isn’t without problems. The game suffers from insufferable lag sometimes, and a lot of the maps have some ridiculously exploitable hacks that run all the competitive fun. At least one of those issues is being sorted out by a new patch, and it’s arguably the easier of the two.
If you’re struggling with lag instead of cheaters, then the next Advanced Warfare patch probably won’t blow air underneath your skirt. This next patch is all about fixing maps and their exploitable holes, which allow players to go out of bounds and cause all types of havoc. I’ve personally experienced this on Horizon, but I had no idea it was this widespread. Here’s the list of maps getting tweaked:
- Atlas Gorge – Momentum – Adjusted spawn locations.
- Biolab – Crane Wash – The Aerial Assault Drone out of world.
- Biolab – Hallway – Player out of world .
- Biolab – Jutting piece of collision – Player out of world .
- Defender – Security Gate Area – The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.
- Defender – Laser Center – Care Package invalid location.
- Detroit – Jimmy’s Diner Corner – Player out of world.
- Detroit – Lower Street – The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.
- Detroit – Park – Portaling.
- Greenband – Atrium – Player out of world.
- Greenband – Zen Garden Lane – The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.
- Greenband – Aquarium Lobby – The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.
- Horizon – Mission Control – Player out of world.
- Horizon – Exterior Hangar – Player out of world.
- Instinct – Temple – Player out of world.
- Recovery – Command Center – Player out of world.
- Retreat – Pool Area – Player out of world.
- Retreat – Turtle Garden – Player out of world.
- Connectivity Optimizations.
- Exo Survival Global – Losing HUD in Goliath.
- Exo Survival Global – AI issue after completing level 25.
Sure, the patch notes do make a subtle mention about applying some magic to match connectivity, and I do hope it fixes some of the online problems Advanced Warfare still has. In comparison to launch, the game is much more stable, but it still suffers insane lag spikes frequently. Considering the focus of this patch, I doubt connectivity will be fixed for good.
But at least Sledgehammer Games isn’t just ignoring it like the elephant it really is. I’m just glad that I can play Horizon again without having the enemy team hide behind an invincible wall of glass. Are there any other exploits you know of that aren’t being fixed with this latest patch?
Last Updated: November 20, 2014