Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is coming in just a few weeks, and it’s shaping up to be an incredible game – edging the franchise ever closer to becoming a fully fledged RPG. Set during the peak of Greece’s golden age, it’s a game filled to the brim with action, myths and choices.
If it’s something you end up enjoying, you might want to consider the season pass. This one’s a little different; it won’t just include extra story missions or playable content for Assassin’s creed Odyssey. It’s going to include an entire other game..or two.
The Season Pass will include a copy of Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered – along with all of its DLC: the Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George. It’ll also include a copy of the remastered version of the PSP game, Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation.
Al of these newfangled remasters feature 4K and HDR support on the Xbox one X and PlayStation 4 Pro – but those with the vanilla consoles can also enjoy higher resolution textures, a move to a newer graphics and the graphical bells and whistles that entails. The remasters will also feature improved gameplay mechanics.
It must be said that Assassin’s Creed 3 is not especially fondly remembered. While it had a mind-blowing opening act, its protagonist Connor was so stoic as to be incredibly dull. It also featured one or two chase missions too many. Assassin’s creed 3 Remastered will also be available for sale on its own.
As for actual content for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Here’s what new story stuff you can expect:
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc 2 – The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
On top of that, Ubisoft will also be releasing plenty of free content for those who don’t want to pony up for the new story arcs.
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic quest lines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates: New monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is out on October 5.
Last Updated: September 14, 2018