What, you thought that you were going to pay only once for Battlefield Hardline? Ha! I scoff in your general direction! SCOFF TO THE MAX! Much like previous Battlefield games, Hardline will have a premium membership available for consumers who want more out of the multiplayer side of the game. And it’ll cost ya.
$50 dollars to be exact, which works out to R586 locally, or 40 squids for our UK pals. Here’s what your money gets you in Battlefield Hardline Premium:
- Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
- Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
- Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
- Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system.
- Four digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps, modes, vehicles, in-game content and a story themed throughout all four:
- Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity – Players have to make a name for themselves in fast-paced, highly-destructible new maps littered with small-time crime jobs. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Robbery – Take down the opposition head on and progress through key locations with major cinematic action. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Getaway – This is frantic, high-speed chases that immerse players deeper in the heist. Available fall 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal – There is a rat in every operation and players will have to find out who to trust. Available winter early 2016.
- Two weeks early access to all expansion packs.
- 12 Gold Battlepacks.
- New personalization options including gun camos, ammo skins, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive in-game items.
- Access to double-XP, in-game missions, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive events.
- Priority position in server queues
Plenty of content here, but as always, it’s a promise of the quality to come. Whether you choose to buy into that promise or not, is up to you.
Last Updated: March 3, 2015