Brutal. Dastardly bastardy. Various other cuss words so heinous, that they were last heard in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants. Yep, sounds pretty much like Bloodborne to me! From Software’s hit action RPG digital torture session isn’t exactly an easy game, with death merely a nightmare-fuelled monster away. The game puts the baws in boss battles, with some challenging creatures looking to turn your skull into a love toy. Fortunately, there’s an easy way around that. Just don’t tell anyone that I used this method, ok?
It’s a simple fix really. Just leave your Playstation running for half a day, and you’ll soon be walking over the corpses of bastard bosses.
Redditor meatballz came up with the fix, after discovering that boss battles became easier when the game had been running for over 12 hours. Meatballz detailed his method below:
I just tested this yesterday by turning off the PS4 power saving options and leaving Bloodborne running all night. Sure enough, when I played in the morning Logarius had transformed from an intense spell casting maniac into a senile old man who did nothing but attack with his scythe over and over. BSB stops jumping all over the room and doing multi-hit combos and just politely spams his side-swipe, Amelia stops healing, One Reborn stops pooping acid, every boss changes in some way and ultimately becomes much easier.
Here’s some video from meatballz, showing the differences in difficulty:
Responding to that post, Selakah outlined some of the crippled bosses they’d experienced in their initial play through after a marathon session:
- Mergo’s Wet Nurse did nothing but walk towards me while flailing. No dark cloud phase. She was basically stuck walking towards me like a slow lawnmower.
- Micolash did nothing but try to hit me with his fists. No tentacle attack, no cosmos attack.
- Ebrietas repeatedly faceplanted and spit blood at me. No cosmos attack, no forward lunge, no variations.
- Logarius just used his scythe attack, zero spellcasting. He was permanently stuck swinging at me like this.
- Abhorrent beast did nothing but his 3 hit combo in every phase.
According to the thread, the bug is a result of a memory leak that gobbles up resources when Bloodborne has been running for half a day. It’s a useful way of cheapening the Bloodborne experience I reckon, in order to finally, finally, get past that one boss. Or as Geoff constantly tells me, you could beat those bosses by not being sh*t at the game.
Last Updated: April 7, 2015