No matter how you spin it, Call of Duty: Ghosts is objectively the worst game in the series since the very rushed, rather broken Call of Duty 3. Core gamers don’t like it very much, and neither do those who play the game competitively. And yet, it’s still the best selling game at the moment.
According to the NPD’s sales data for physical retail sales, Call of Duty: Ghosts is still right at the top, besting NBA2K and Battlefield 4. Interestingly, it seems that Microsoft’s platforms really are the favoured ones for the shooter, with the game selling most on the Xbox 360, then PS3, and then the Xbox One. NBA and battlefield, strangely, are selling better on the new consoles than the old ones – odd considering the install bases for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Interesting to note that physical PC sales come stone last on every game available for the platform. I think that has more to do with Steam taking over PC game sales than any sort of decline. the only platform exclusive to make it the top 10 is Minecraft, which isn’t really very exclusive at all
Here’s the list of top selling games in the US for January.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- Battlefield 4 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Wii U, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- Madden NFL 25 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360)
- FIFA 14 (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, Vita)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, 3DS, Wii U, Vita, PC)
- Tomb Raider (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
Last Updated: February 14, 2014
February 14, 2014 at 14:47
Why the hell do people love COD so damn much. Then again this is from USA the land filled with all strange and werid things. Odd thing to check out for those who like conspiracies, any one seen all the freaky stuff in Denver airport, that place has secrets all right.