The Sims 4 is coming in just a couple months now – 2 September is launch day and I’m sure plenty of you are readying your Origin client in anticipation. We know The Sims 4 isn’t like The Witcher and won’t require excessive PC hardware, but does your PC meet the minimum requirements?
According to the newly updated Sims FAQs, here’s what you’ll need to get going:
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
While I’m pretty sure that The Sims 4 will eventually come to Mac, at this point their statement is simply:
We are currently focused on the PC version. We have no updates on Mac at this time.
These PC requirements really aren’t too hefty which should be good news for all The Sims fans out there – you can save money you otherwise might have needed to spend on components for expansion packs instead. At least some of the old characters will be returning in the base game – no need to expand for them.
The Landgraabs are back, including Malcolm, Geoffrey and Nancy. Katrina Caliente is the reimagined mother of Dina and Nina, even falling for infamous womanizer Don Lothario. There’s even a new bunch of young adults in this game:
Finally we’ve got a new batch of youths known as the Roomies. Your typical sitcom setup with ‘J’ (Jameson) the body building hunk, Gavin the gentleman muser, Mitchell the couch potato bro, and Zoe, that girl next door who is actually right where she wants to be, having fun with the friend-zoned boys.
The game must be almost upon us if we’re getting minimum requirements already. Not too much longer to wait and then you can all make the awkward moments flow with your bizarre creations.
Last Updated: July 28, 2014
July 28, 2014 at 10:35
July 28, 2014 at 10:35
Alien Emperor Trevor
July 28, 2014 at 10:37
It can, but it doesn’t want to.