Back in April, I told you all about The Dark Brotherhood DLC that was coming to the Elder Scrolls Online. Since then, the new content has been playable, but only on the ESO Public Test Server. Now though, it has been officially patched into the main game client.
Are you ready to become a well trained assassin? I know I would be, if I actually played The Elder Scrolls Online. I haven’t touched it since way back in 2014, when it was a buggy mess. A lot has changed since then, and the game is in much better shape at least.
- A Covenant of Blood and Shadows: Though at the height of their power, the Dark Brotherhood faces a grave threat in the form of a mysterious black-armored warrior capable of bringing down their best agents. Venture forth and carve a bloody swath across Tamriel in the name of the Dark Brotherhood.
- Explore the Gold Coast“: The westernmost region of Cyrodiil, the Gold Coast, was last seen by Elder Scrolls players in Oblivion. Explore the cities of Anvil and Kvatch during the Interregnum, when the region is awash in intrigue and deadly conspiracies.
- Murder for Profit: Sometimes the best way to deal with a troublesome person is permanent removal. As a Dark Brotherhood assassin, you’ll be tasked to fill that need. From simple assassination contracts to killing sprees on the blood-soaked streets of Tamriel’s sprawling cities, carve your path into the good graces of the Dark Brotherhood. The truly skilled may engage in special missions at the behest of their dark masters and fulfill a Black Sacrament, slaying a victim named by the Night Mother herself.
- New Assassins’ Passive Skills: This all-new skill line relates to murdering citizens and allowing the Shadows of Sithis to protect you from suffering consequences. Because those deaths were sanctioned by Sithis, you are the hand of the Void; you are the embodiment of death itself. The rules of Justice are for those bound by Nirn, not those who are directed by the ideals of Sithis.
- Exclusive Rewards and Items: Earn new items through in-game quests and browse Dark Brotherhood-themed items coming to the Crown Store soon.
Sheesh, that’s not much of a trailer, is it? It’s more of a “here’s a compilation of all the different assassination animations”.
Anyways, if you’d like to grab the Dark Brotherhood DLC, you can do so in two ways. You can get it right now at no additional cost if you have an active ESO Plus membership. Otherwise, you’ll have to cough up 2000 crowns, or 4000 if you want all the new content along with some additional bonuses.
If you’re playing ESO on either Xbox One or PlayStation 4, you’ll have to wait a teeny bit longer I’m afraid. The Dark Brotherhood DLC will only be gracing those consoles later this month, on the 14th of June.
Last Updated: June 1, 2016