One of my favourite games of the last couple of years, has been Deus Ex: Human Revolution. A flawed masterpiece, but a gorgeous one at that, it was exactly the kind of game that got me and gave me a great experience. Since then, work on Deus Ex has been quiet. There’s scant details on Deux Ex: Universe, but there is Deus Ex: The Fall. Which is now headed to PC.
Deus Ex: The Fall was pretty much a fantastic adaptation of the gameplay created in Human Revolution, except that it was saddled with controls that could only be described with the kind of ranting reserved for people who gazed on dread lord Cthulu.
Still, the game was just begging for a PC port, and that’s just what Square Enix has done. Here’s a list from their site on how they’ve augmented the game for the master platform:
- No in-game purchase options
- 28 Steam achievements
- Adjusted AI
- Steam Trading Cards and Badges
- Revised tutorial
- Full keyboard and Mouse control optimisation
- Rebalanced game economy taking into account no IAP
- Microsoft Controller support
- Removal of auto target options
- Reduction in aiming recital size
- Choice in cover style as DXHR (HOLD or Toggle)
- Resolution options
- Anti Aliasing option
- Control maps for keyboard and gamepad
Full keyboard and mouse controls with the game being rebalanced for that platform? I can swing that. Deus Ex: The Fall arrives March 25, and will cost you £7.99/€9.99/$9.99. If you’re eager and want to pre-order it, Square-Enix will sweeten the deal by giving you a copy of the first Deus Ex game as well.
I totally asked for that.
Last Updated: February 26, 2014