FIFA is one of the biggest game franchises on the planet, paling only to the likes of Call of Duty when it comes to raw sales. It’s only natural then that there’d be a great deal of anticipation and excitement surrounding its latest iterative release. There are questions, of course, of how good the game is this year. Some years, the game stumbles, others it soars; which will it do this time?
Well, why not try it out for yourself. The game’s set for release on September 22 – but you can play it right now, on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. There’s a demo of the game and it’s available on both platforms.
Says the PR fluff:
“FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. And with all new ways to play!
With innovative gameplay features, FIFA 16 brings Confidence in Defending, Control in Midfield, and gives you the tools to create more Moments of Magic than ever before. Fans new to the franchise, or skilled players looking to improve their game will have a chance to Compete at a Higher Level using the all new FIFA Trainer. Innovation Across the Entire Pitch. New Ways to Play. Compete at a Higher Level.
Play Beautiful in FIFA 16. “
What can you expect in the demo though?
- Kick-Off: jump onto the pitch and play a match. When starting the FIFA 16 Demo for the first time on PC, Xbox One, or PS4, you will begin at El Clasico, Real Madrid CF at home to FC Barcelona.
- FIFA Ultimate Team Draft: experience a brand new way to play – FUT Draft. Make careful decisions as you build a squad, then take them onto the pitch in an offline match.
- FIFA Trainer: everyone can Compete at a Higher Level in FIFA 16. Check out the FIFA Trainer, a new contextual training system, to pick up some new tips while playing Kick Off or FUT Draft.
- New Skill Games: as matches are loading experience six of our six new skill games.
- Bundesliga Broadcast Presentation: (available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only) experience authentic broadcast graphics when Borussia Dortmund visits Borussia Mönchengladbach at BORUSSIA-PARK.
PICK FROM TOP TEAMS
Included in the demo are 10 top Club Teams and two Women’s Teams*, including the World Cup Champion U.S. Women’s National Team.
- FC Barcelona
- Borussia Dortmund
- Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Chelsea FC
- Inter Milan
- Manchester City
- Paris Saint-Germain
- Real Madrid CF
- River Plate
- Seattle Sounders
Women’s National Teams:
- United States
Yes, you’ll even be able to play as women in the demo – which is nice. Representation and all. It’s available right now, and clocks in at 4.46GB on Xbox One, and 4.61GB on PlayStation 4. It clocks in at a much smaller 1.6GB on PlayStation 3. There’s a PC demo expected later today as well.
FIFA 16 will be released on most systems that play video games later this month.
Last Updated: September 8, 2015