It’s both awesome and terrible at the same time. Many have said that Dubstep has invaded all video game trailers of late, but now the beat dropping musical madness has it’s very own game. DUBWARS is not what you think it is, it’s not just another music game.
If you thought you were going to be getting your wub on in some weird Kinect dance/rhythm Dubstep game, then you’d be wrong. If you thought that you’d be making your own Dubstep songs on a rad turntable, then you’d also be wrong. But if you’re keen for a fresh top-down shooter, then you are definitely in the right place.
So what is DUBWARS? It’s a top-down, twin-stick shooter where weapons auto-fire to a musical track.
“We don’t automate our levels, everything is custom built to the music to make sure it matches. We’ve made a lot of cool partnerships with major Dubstep and Electronica labels like Monstercat and FiXT, as well as a lot of smaller, independent artists. We’ve been featured at E3, and were one of the launch titles of the OUYA game console. We are looking to get this awesome experience onto Steam.”, said the studio in a press release.
The game was submitted to Kickstarter, but don’t worry if you don’t have the moola to pledge to the game to make it a reality. With only five days to go the game has already reached funding. DUBWARS is being developed for MAC, PC and has a demo available here.
- Destroy waves of enemies to the power of Dubstep!
- Unique mechanics combine twin-stick shooter with music-based gameplay!
- Minimum of 10 custom-built levels with amazing visuals and effects!
- Discover and support both independent musicians, and your favorite established artists!
- Weapon Upgrades – Upgrade your weapons using hard earned coins to take your weapons to the next level! Every weapon in the game will be upgradable. 100+ upgrades will be available!
- Difficultly Modes – Play in Light, Medium, Hard or Endless!
- Bosses – Selected stages will also have this “Difficulty Mode” where you will face off against a boss! In these fierce fights the music will endlessly play till you take down the giant monstrosities!
- Missions, achievements, upgradables, unlockables, and MORE!
If you like what you see, be sure to give it the thumbs up on Steam Greenlight.
Last Updated: July 15, 2013