The year of Pokémon…is almost finished. 20 years of pocket monsters, celebrated not only with a new game in the core series that looks set to revamp the franchise, but also a monthly selection of free legendaries as well! What began with Mew and continued with the likes of Keldeo, Darkrai and Arceus is now drawing to a close as the penultimate free Pokémon has arrived: Genesect.
Here’s a quick breakdown on the fella:
- Species: Paleozoic
- Type: Steel, Bug
- Abilities: Download
- Weakness: Fire
- Height (ft): 4′ 11″
- Weight (lbs): 181.9
This Pokémon existed 300 million years ago. Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon to its back.
To get your hands, you’ll need to pop into your specialist video game store to get a download code for Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire,X or Y. That’s GameStop in the US of A, EB Games in Canada and BT Games here in good ol’ South Africa. So what makes Genesect so great? Besides the rarity factor, equipping Genesect with a particular Drive will allow it to alter it the attack-type of its Techno Drive signature move to one of several variants.
- When it is not holding any Drive, the light is orange and Techno Blast is Normal-type.
- When it is holding the Burn Drive, the light turns red, and Techno Blast is Fire-type.
- When it is holding the Douse Drive, the light turns blue and Techno Blast is Water-type.
- When it is holding the Shock Drive, the light turns yellow and Techno Blast is Electric-type.
- When it is holding the Chill Drive, the light turns white and Techno Blast is Ice-type.
Genesect has been knocking around since the days of Pokémon Black and White, but only as an event Pokémon. At least this time, you’ll have a chance to acquire the fella a lot more easily. Until November 24 that is.
Last Updated: November 1, 2016