Where there’s a will, there’s a way. And where there’s a will to find an exploit or two, you can bet your work boots that you killed several people for in the Dark Zone that people will find a particular way. It may be a piece of the game that you don’t really focus on, but you really should pay attention to crafting. Not only is it a more rewarding experience that makes better use of all your obsolete gear, but it’s also crucial to the end-game experience of getting your hands on better gear that deals out higher numbers of damage.
Finding those materials to craft with however, takes time, patience and lot of dead Cleaner crews. Loot falls from the heavens like manna however, so it’s not too much of a grind. Or you could just dip into the latest exploit, before it gets patched out of The Division. Here’s what you need to do, to be rolling in crafting materials. Crafting materials for life son. Crafting materials as far as the eye can see, yo:
- Find an area with your material of choice: Fabric, tools, weapon parts, electronics.
- Loot all of the containers, but do not leave the zone itself. Stay there
- Open the matchmaking screen
- Look in your menu for a new free roam group
- Be patient, wait for the game to drop you in
- You can now re-loot that same zone and containers of its various materials
- Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. You repeat, you repeat, you repeat again!
Simple and easy. The only catch here, is that this exploit is a bit of a ballache, with the time spent on waiting for matchmaking to find you a group being better spent on actually playing The Division, leveling and earning weapons/gear in a far more satisfying way. Then again, handmade armour and weapons that outrank your foes does sound tempting. Dammit, I’m so conflicted right now.
Last Updated: March 10, 2016
March 10, 2016 at 13:40
It’s much easier to just kill everything… loot drops even more after level 15.