I love Oddworld. It’s easily one of the most imaginative places I’ve ever had the joy of experiencing in titles like Abe’s Odyssey and Abe’s Exodus. One venture to that crazy place I missed entirely was Stranger’s Wrath. The game came out way back in 2005 on the original Xbox, and was then ported to PC and PlayStation 3 in 2011. It’s now coming to iOS.
Damn right it’s a surprise. I knew it was coming to mobile sometime this year, I just wasn’t sure when.
Know nothing about the game? Here’s what you can expect:
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a drifter turned bounty hunter, with a unique double-barreled critter-firing crossbow.
Stranger’s Wrath has been passionately upgraded for this all-new release with all exciting new controls that make the most of the mobile format and improved visuals throughout.
* Explore living towns, lush forests, and massive industrial facilities
* Seamlessly transition between first-person shooter and third-person platformer
* Scour your surroundings for live ammo
* Work with a range of strategies to surprise, stun, lure, blast and bag devious outlaws
* Meet incredibly odd, funny and smack-talking townsfolk, enemies and natives
* Fight dozens of varied bosses with outlandish arsenals and outrageous names
I actually still have the title sitting in my Steam backlog – that cursed thing! I’ll get around to it… one day… hopefully. If you don’t own the title and want to grab it on iOS, it will only cost you R69.99. There is no word when it will launch on Android, but it should be soon enough.
Have you played Stranger’s Wrath before? Will you be picking it up a second time?
Last Updated: November 27, 2014