We’re in age where gaming doesn’t have to have a point. Sometimes, games can be immature, pointless and offer no tangible reward or satisfaction to a player. We call such digital rides YouTube games in the office, as the more ridiculous and trivial a game is, the likelier it is that the YouTube crowd will spend a few dollars on it in order to upload a Let’s Play so that they can grab some hits. Goat Simulator is one such game which epitomises this attitude. And now it’s going into MMO territory.
Developer Coffee Stain Studios has announced that they’ll be throwing new DLC content into their hit game Goat Simulator, that will have you embarking on all those MMO tropes like collecting skins and stuff. I think. It’ll be a complete overhaul, and cost you nothing, as the DLC trips the light fantastic. Here’s the official description from Coffee Stain:
Goat MMO Simulator
Coffee Stain Studios brings next-gen MMO simulation to Goat Simulator as a completely free DLC. You no longer have to fantasize about being a simulated goat in a simulated MMO, your dreams have finally come true!
• Five different classes: Warrior, Rouge, Magician, Hunter and Microwave
• Complete dozens of quests, level up a hundred times and play five different classes that’s a ton of content you do the math, we all went to high-school well I didn’t I was too busy huffing paint behind the cafeteria
• Level cap is 101, 1 level higher than you-know-what
• Prolly not tons of content tho, but don’t hate be cool
• Stay a while and listen to Dumblebore the Grey in Twistram
• Faction warfare between goats and sheep
• MMO simulation so good you’ll think it’s real
• There are even elves and dwarves like in that movie
Well alright then. Goat Simulator is pretty much YouTube’s flavour of the month when it comes to Let’s Play videos. Now, it’s going to be the flavour of several months with this kind of content. Still, can’t fault the developers for making it free, so good on them.
Last Updated: November 18, 2014