According to a poster on a French forum site these are the details that Sony will be revealing at E3 this year. There is no way to prove that this poster is actually a Sony employee but apparently he was pretty close last year and their isn’t that much surprising about what he’s said so I think it may be true.
If you were hoping for the first announcements of the PS4 then you’re going to be out of luck, I severely doubt it will be Sony who makes the first move in this generation.
However the rumoured E3 news is as follows
– Sony will confirm the official name, pricing and release date of the NGP
– There will be 7 first party titles revealed for the NGP
– Hideo Kojima’s NGP project likely to be Peace Walker
– The Wipeout engine has been perfectly ported over to the NGP and you can expect the release of the game in the first quarter of the NGP’s launch
– Chance of another Metal Gear game on its way in the future
– There are 37 titles in the working for Sony platforms, but most will not be revealed until a European event (likely Gamescom)
– Sony will reveal titles that will not be available until Christmas 2012 at E3
– Santa Monica Studios will be on board, but don’t expect much more information about the title (potentially next God of War title)
– A sequel to Warhawk will be revealed before E3
– 2 PS3 exclusives won’t be presented at E3 but will be available before the end of the year in Europe
– Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3 and The Last Guardian will be playable at E3
– Polyphony Digital are returning with a new title before March 2012
– Polyphony would like to make Europe a privilege for its next title. "Please don’t underestimate their work even if they deceived some of you."
– A Rockstar game, probably GTA V, could be released before Agent was planned to be
– A third party title is in a "big battle" with Sony. The developers seem to be Bungie, so the game would be their next project with Activision.
And apparently Uncharted 3 will be shown which is no surprise and it will be awesome, which again is no surprise.
Personally that line up doesn’t excite me to much, I can’t say I’m overly excited for the NGP and while I am very interested to see what Santa Monica Studios brings to the table the rest isn’t lighting up my schedule.
What do you think? Do Sony have a kick ass E3 ahead of them or are they just going through the motions until someone makes a move for the next generation?
Last Updated: April 7, 2011