With the release of the new slim and trim Xbox 360 it would be no surprise to see Microsoft running to the top of the NPD sales charts for a short while just as Sony did last year.
And with the July NPD results out we see Microsoft sitting pretty at the top but if you look closely you will see they haven’t actually sold as many as you would expect, in fact their sales have dropped since June.
- 360: 444K, down 9K (-2%)
- DS: 398K, down 113K (-22%)
- Wii: 254K, down 169K (-40%)
- PS3: 215K, down 90K (-30%)
- PSP: 84K, down 37K (-31%)
Can someone explain what happened to the sales last month, absolutely everyone’s sales plummeted leaving Microsoft to top the chart due to it having the least percentage drop.
When it comes to software however Microsoft can happily gloat about being the top console for gaming.. for July 2010 at least
- NCAA Football 11 – Xbox 360 – EA – 368K
- NCAA Football 11 – PS3 – EA – 299K
- Crackdown 2 – Xbox 360 – Microsoft – 209K
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 – Wii – Nintendo – 193K
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – DS – WBIE – 142K
- Red Dead Redemption – Xbox 360 – Take-Two
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – Wii – WBIE
- Dragon Quest IX- DS – Nintendo
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Wii – Nintendo
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Xbox 360 – Activision
The Xbox 360 has 4 titles in the top 10, followed by the Wii with 3, the DS with 2 and then the PS3 with a single top 10 entrantâ€¦
Last Updated: August 13, 2010