I have a confession to make. While I’ve played a ton of games out of Square Enix’s doors, one series I have never laid a finger on is Kingdom Hearts. This is due to the fact that I never owned the PlayStation 2 which is where the first two titles found their home. There is hope for me yet in the form of the upcoming HD remake for the PlayStation 3. The HD 2.5 Remix Collectors Edition looks glorious, and I want it.
The announcement was made over on the PlayStation Blog. Here’s what the collectors edition contains.
For those of you who can’t watch, here’s a breakdown of WHAT’S IN THE BOX!
- Shadow Heartless plush toy – Included will be a 24 cm tall plush toy of the classic Kingdom Hearts foe. Although a foe, he doesn’t feel like one he’s so soft and cuddly and cute
- 30-page art book – This art book includes a brand new never before seen sketch from Kingdom Hearts series director – Tetsuya Nomura. With 30 pages of artistic goodness covering concept and finalized artwork of heroes, villains, worlds, and weapons, this artbook also includes concept animation storyboards from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. The front and back cover were designed to mirror the artbook from the Limited Edition of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, so if you’re a true collector, it’s definitely not something to *ahem* Birth by Sleep on. The only way to obtain this artbook will be in this Collector’s Edition!
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX game discs – You get both HD remastered games with all new alternative disc artwork of everyone’s favorite protagonist – Sora
- HD Collector’s steelbook case – The steelbook case will house both game discs and features artwork from both titles on the outside and inside of the case
- Exclusive Disney collectible pin – Perfect for you Disney pin badge collectors or those that like to collect Kingdom Hearts merchandise, this pin which is manufactured in limited quantities features Sora and Mickey Mouse back to back, with the iconic keyblade and a Mickey Mouse dangler. Made out of a soft enamel coating on metal, this pin stretches out to 1.68 inches
- Collector’s box – Everything mentioned above is lovingly packed in a Large Body massive size box
This is ideal for somebody like me who needs to dive into the series, even better for fans looking for some nice collectible goodies. How much will it cost though? Only $99.99… that’s a lot of dollar! Still, that Shadow Heartless plushie would go so nicely with my Companion Cube
It’s only available in limited quantities through the Square Enix Store it seems, in the US, UK, and France. I do want it, just not badly enough to go through the hassle of importing and whatnot. That and I am completely broke. What about you? Would you splurge out on this awesome bundle?
Last Updated: November 7, 2014