Then you might be happy to hear that Sanctum 2 has launched. In actual fact, I’m excited about this title – if only I could play first person games without nausea, I’d be all over this like a fat kid on cake!
Sanctum follows classic tower defense in that you get to build your maze of death for creeps to pass through. Only this time, you then get to go out there and kill things yourself! Yup, death and destruction mixed with strategy – what could be bad about this?
- 4 playable character classes – Each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Vast customization system – pick perks, or make the game crazy hard by adding Feats of Strength.
- In-game visual novel – Unlock a comic-book page for every map you beat to discover the secrets of LOEK III
- Progression system – Increase your rank and unlock new weapons, towers and perks!
- 4 player co-op – Progress through the storyline yourself or team up with other players whenever you want!
Different from the original Sanctum, creeps have new AI – some will actually seek out the player to kill them rather than necessarily going for the power core. They also shortened the waves and added more maps to add more variety in this version.
Here is the launch trailer – I was rocking out to the music in this very blue tinted video.
Last Updated: May 17, 2013