By now I’m sure you know that some lucky sods around the world have their hands on Fallout 4 already, meaning the internet is alight with all sorts of videos, images and spoilers to try and avoid until this time next week. While Bethesda is having a rotten time dealing with it, the spoils of nuclear war have revealed some interesting things about the RPG. Things like previously unknown perks that Fallout 4 has, which reveal even more about unknown equipment.
The image of the full perk list has been out for some time now, but some names left even the most avid Fallout fans scratching their heads as to what they could mean. Thanks mostly to the leaked video, these perks have now been deciphered, completing the entire list on the Fallout Wiki with updated descriptions. Here’s some of the previously unknown Fallout 4 perks:
- (END 9) GHOULISH – Sure, you’re still human – on the outside! Radiation now regenerates your lost health.
- (STR 10) PAIN TRAIN – Choo choo! All aboard! While wearing Power Armour, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them.
- (LUCK 9) FOUR LEAF CLOVER – Feeling lucky? You should! Each hit in V.A.T.S has a chance of filling your Critical meter.
Those are pretty standard for what you’d expect from a new Fallout 4 perk, but they pale in comparison to my favourite of the lot:
- Perk (LUCK 5), IDIOT SAVANT – You’re not stupid! Just… different. Randomly receive 3x XP from an action, and the lower your Intelligence, the greater the chance.
Of course, you came here with the promise of new weapons, and that’s exactly what the final perk gives you. In the past Fallout has featured normal, bullet guzzling weaponry and more sci-fi, laser operated ones. Fallout 4, however, is introducing Radiation weapons for the first time.
- (INT 9) NUCLEAR PHYSICIST – You’ve learned to split the atom… and command it. Radiation weapons do 50 per cent more damage and Fusion Cores last an extra 25 per cent longer.
You can read through the entire Fallout 4 Perk list here ahead of release, so that you can adequately plan out your Wastelander progression before taking a step outside Vault 111’s doors. Are you picking up Fallout 4 next week?
Last Updated: November 3, 2015
November 3, 2015 at 12:33
Sure its nice to have this info, but from whence did it come are these reviewers who broke their NDA with bethesda or some lucky sods whose games shop duffed up and ended up with copies a week earlier?