I honestly don’t get the appeal behind games such as Farming Simulator. I’m not saying that such games shouldn’ t be played, because whatever floats your boat. But it does boggle my mind that this is an actual genre that has an active fanbase who’ll spend hours and hours farming carrots and cabbage. Which explains Matty at least.
Some folks, take their love of simulator games a step further however. It’s not enough to plough the land and check your soil alkaline content and other farming words that I’m still busy looking up right now on an old VHS of whatever that farming show was that was broadcast at 5 in the AM here. Anyway, the point here is that you can take your love of Farming Simulator a step further.
By pretending to actually be behind a tractor. We told you before that Saitek is addressing that need, with a wheel and pedal set that includes such farming features as 900 degree rotations and knobs and other stuff which I’m going to accept at face value as being completely true. Look daddy, I’m a farmer!
And now you can buy it. Here’s the full listing from Amazon:
- 900 Degrees of Rotation. Just like actual farming equipment, this PC steering wheel turns two and a half times from lock to lock. The Farm Sim wheel is an ideal tractor simulator and excellent Farming Simulator controller
- Removable Turn Knob. Enables easier one-handed steering in farm simulator and farming sim games, including Farming Simulator 15: Gold Edition
- Removable Turn Knob. Enables easier one-handed steering in farming sim games, including Farming Simulator 15: Gold Edition
- Ergonomic Design. The wheel’s low-profile layout sits close to the top of your gaming area. Durable clamp keeps this Farm Sim controller firmly in place
- Gas and Brake Pedals-Drive heavy machinery by pushing a real set of pedals with your feet. 20-degree travel angle simulates real farming conditions
- Closer to Reality-Separately available Saitek Faming Simulator Vehicle Side Panel boasts a front loader stick with 6DoF, vehicle cruise control, and over 25 programmable buttons to give you total control of your virtual farm in simulator games
Clearly, we need to test this. And by we, I mean Matty. And by Matty, I mean let’s strap the bugger to the wheel and see what happens.
Last Updated: November 11, 2015
November 11, 2015 at 11:38
This should be perfect for my little farming simulator addiction 😛