There are some games that will never be forgotten by old school PC gamers. One of them is Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath, from the makers of Abe’s Oddysee: Just Add Water. There is no doubt that these amazing games and art style is a rarity in the industry today and luckily not dying out thanks to an HD rerelease on Steam today.
Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD will release with some added stuff like this:
- Added 12 brand new Steam achievements.
- Concept art and movie extras for completing each region of the game.
- Support for new languages added.
- Improved controls especially for PC.
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- Added difficulty levels to the game.
- All environments have been given higher resolution textures.
- Added Easter eggs to the game.
- French and German audio has been added.
- Full text translations for French, German, Italian and Spanish.
I’ve played the HD release on PlayStation 3 and almost never see games on the platform with graphics and gameplay that good, the game measures well up to other titles such as God of War, Heavy Rain and Uncharted when it comes to visuals. So the PC version shouldn’t disappoint.
Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD is going for R82.39 on Steam with a 30% off deal right now. Have you played any of the Abe games or games created by these developers? If you haven’t had the pleasure, I definitely recommend trying it out!
Last Updated: September 14, 2012