Mass Effect: Andromeda is a good game, but it’s one that shipped with almost innumerable problems, not least of which was wonky animations, dead eyes and plasticine faces.
Thankfully, the latest update for the game has fixed many of those issues, and has made an astounding difference to the game’s immersion; it’s a lot easier to engage in conversation with somebody who doesn’t seem like a soulless husk. You could reasonably (and rightly!) argue that those problems shouldn’t have been in the game in the first place, but they have at least been remedied.
There’s one group of gamers who haven’t benefitted from the improvement though: pirates. Mass Effect: Andromeda shipped with an outdated version of the increasingly crackable Denuvo anti-tamper technology, and pirates ripped it open within two weeks.
Patch 1.05 features the latest implementation of the security software, which means that those who’ve chosen to steal the game don’t get the benefits of the patch. It’s the same version of DEnuvo that’s keeping games like Dead Rising 4, 2Dark and Nier: Automata out of pirates hands.
As a reminder, here’s what the new patch has fixed along with the DRM:
Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.05 Notes
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
Last Updated: April 10, 2017