Pokémon Sword and Shield is out right Meowth, and while it may have dozens of new critters to find and capture, it’s the quirky reinvention of old favourites that many a long-time fan is after. After all, who would have ever thought that Koffing would undergo an industrial evolution that transforms into a roaming magnate who gets by on the tears of Sobble? NOT ME!
So if you’re looking for a new twist on old favourites, then here you go: A complete guide to evolving familiar faces into brand new forms in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
Zigzagoon, Linoone and Obstagoon
- Zigzagoon evolves into Linoone at level 20.
- Linoone evolves into Obstagoon at night, at level 35.
Yamask and Runerigus
- Yamask evolves into Runerigus if it has 49 and above damage and you walk under the Stone Scultpure in Dusty Hill.
Mime Jr, Mr Mime and Mr Rime
- Mime Jr evolves into Mr Mime after it learns the move Mimic at level 32.
- Galarian region Mr Mime evolves into Mr Rime at level 42.
Meowth and Perrserker
- Meowth evolves into Perrserker at level 28.
Corsola and Cursola
- Corsola evolves into Cursola at level 38.
Koffing and Weezing
- Koffing evolves into Weezing at level 35.
Ponyta and Rapidash
- Ponyta evolves into Rapidash at level 38.
Darumaka and Darmanitan
- Darumaka evolves into Darmanitan when an Ice Stone is used on it.
Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d
- Farfetch’d evolves into Sirfetch’d after it lands three critical hits on another Pokémon in battle.
Last Updated: November 15, 2019