There’s more than one big shooty-Mcshootshoot game coming out towards the end of this year, y’know. Halo returns in November, kicking off a whole new cycle of Master Chief violence and teabagging. And to make this new launch special, there’s a tournament in the works, with some grand prizes up for grabs. More after the jump.
Microsoft South Africa will be hosting the Halo 4 tournament, which will pit clans against one another in team deathmatch elimination sessions. A single-player deathmatch tourney will also be on offer for the lone wolves out there.
As for that awesome prize we mentioned earlier? The team and solitary Spartan winners of those tournaments will be getting themselves a trip to Germany for Gamescom 2013, for pretty much one of the raddest gaming conventions of the year.
Here’s the rules that you’ll need to observe for the contest, or risk having an elite squad of Spartans performing an ambush teabagging on you. Entrants need to be 18 years of age, a South African citizen with a valid passport, Xbox Live Gold subscription and an internet connection to take part.
Here’s the more detailed rules, for the teams and one man armies out there:
To enter the clan tournament you will need to have the following:
- A team captain, the captain is responsible for managing the team profile.
- A valid email address & Cell number, as all contact during the competition will be sent to the captain’s email address.
- A team name.
- Know all your team members’ Xbox live Gamertags.
- Notify all your team members that they will need to own a copy of Halo 4 from 6 November 2012.
To enter as a lone wolf you need to have the following:
- Xbox live gamertag.
- Own a Copy of Halo 4 from 6 November 2012.
- A valid email address and cell phone number, all contact during the competition will be sent to this email account.
- I will be responsible for managing my tournament profile through this portal.
Got more questions? Head on over here, and get ‘em answered. And good luck soldier!
Last Updated: October 3, 2012