Today sees the global launch of the PSP Go!, Sony’s ultra-sleek, pocket sized PSP. Any of you planning on getting one? The most exciting thing about the PSP Go! launch is that PSP Minis launch today too.Hooray! The PSP minis, in case you’re not aware are cheaper, smaller downloadable titles that are perfect for gaming-on-the-go. They’re available on Both regular PSPs as well as their newer counterparts.
PSP Minis looks to do for the PSP exactly what the PSN has done for the PS3 – offer unique, concept-driven games that needn’t be traditionally game-like. Games are priced between Â£2.49 and Â£3.99 (R30 and R50), but I’ve forgotten to bring my PSP with me an can’t confirm either local availability or pricing. Any of you out there in Lazygamerland want to log on to the PSN from your PSP’s and let us know?
Hit the jump for the 13 PSP mini Launch titles, courtesy of Eurogamer
- Alien Havoc (Creat Studio) – Play as an alien gathering cows into your spaceship, as angry farmers try to prevent you doing so.
- Bloons (Hands-On Mobile) – Pop balloons to solve puzzles.
- Brainpipe (Hands-On Mobile) – "The ultimate objective is to transcend humanity" by navigating funkadelic tunnels in your head.
- Breakquest (Beatshapers) – Some sort of musical shmup with 100 levels and music from Maniacs of Noise.
- Fieldrunners (Subatomic Studios) – PSP port of one of the best tower defence games ever, originally seen on iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Fortix (Nemesys Team Studio) – Sounds like tower defence where you control a knight, but it also sounds like he gets in there. Description’s a bit unclear but you can collect catapults, which sounds good to us.
- Funky Punch (Solus Games) – 3D fighter with 12 characters and five game modes.
- Hero of Sparta (Gameloft) – Uninspiring-looking hackandslash where you play King Argos delivering unrivalled value/death to the people of the Underworld.
- Kahoots (Honeyslug Limited) – Platform puzzle game with 50 levels where you drag blocks to create a safe path for your Kahoot.
- Pinball Fantasies (Cowboy Rodeo) – PSP port of the 1992 Amiga pinball game.
- Puzzle Scape Mini (Farmind) – Exploding block puzzler.
- Tetris (EA) – Falling block puzzler. Some history.
- Vempire (Impressionware) – Strategy puzzler that looks a bit like a Sesame Street take on Puzzle Quest.
Last Updated: October 1, 2009