We haven’t received anything official about the upcoming Resistance 3 but from trawling the Internet and message boards it becomes quite obvious that a lot of information has already made it’s way into the public eye.
First up we have the leaked information from the latest Game Informer magazine which makes think that Insomniac are heading back to the original and working of that instead of continuing from Resistance 2â€¦ something that I think most gamers would enjoy.
The big changes that I am seeing are that the earth has run out of gas so everything is now being powered by Chimeran Energy cores and that a vaccine exists that cures the Chimeran virus.
A lot of websites are claiming the plot is to get to New York to grab some vaccine to save your son but apparently that isn’t true, we don’t know what the plot is but to do it you need to get to certain points by swiping Chimeran energy cores.
In another twist the earth has also started to run desperately short on food which means that a lot of the survivors are now turning to cannibalism to keep themselves alive and for twist number (losing count here) Malikov is backâ€¦ they haven’t explained exactly how that has happened but he’s back none the less.
Other rumours are that you will be able to co-op in single player and the weapon wheel from R1 appears to be back. The rest below here is a simple data dump.. what else did you spot?
- They recap R2
- Capelli started a family with Susan (Hale’s Stepsister)
- Malikov LIVES!!
- They confirm co-op campaign (Capelli, Malikov, & John Harper [Capelli’s partner]) are key characters (but no alternate story co-op like R2)
- They describe a couple scenes (some related to the leaked images)
- One of the multiplayer maps is in an African Prison
- Chimeran Plant Life (that explodes when shot) shows that the world is changing
- Describes some boat scenes from the campaign
- Talk about the new smarter AI (climb over walls, and through windows and stuff)
- Long legs jumping from roof to roof shooting down at you
- The Mutator:
A new weapon that shoots biological mist that causes boils and stuff on the enemy and then makes them pop hurting the other nearby enemies
Secondary fire makes them go insane and attack their buddies
- Other Weapons:
Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger, carbine are all back… and all weapons are upgradable as you use them more and more
Weapons are also made to look more improvised so… grenades are shaped like food cans full of nails and such…
- Online was talked about but not much is known yet:
it says they want to make it more organized and not a cluster like the 60 player matches in R2
- Also Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith to do alot of the other work
- Humans eating humans because of lack of food… NICE!
Last Updated: October 14, 2010