Some new rumoured details about Project Natal have been released and it’s a mixed bug all round.
First up the good news, Project Natal is expecting to retail for $50 (R500) and will come bundled with a free game, most probably a mini game compilation but hey Wii Sports is still one of the top Wii titles.
Now the avalanche of bad news.
According to leaked rumours and untrusted sources here is the list of negatives around Project Natal
- The latency is to high, 125ms
- You need a fair amount of space to play, more than most apartments offer
- It doesn’t work in bright light or low light
- It struggles to detect movement if you wear loose fitting clothing
- Shooters just aren’t going to happen, neither are fast moving games
- The price could be going upâ€¦
But when it’s all said and done I am most excited about the Minority Report ability and enhancing current games, not attempting to duplicate street fighter in my living room.
We’ll bring you are hands on feelings during the E3 week, stay tuned or that.
Last Updated: April 8, 2010