We reported recently that Playstation 3 owners were suffering from a rather severe Mass Effect 2 bug that was causing the game to crash and corrupt save game files.
While losing save files can be a pain in the ass, there is nothing quite like losing a file after pumping over 40 hours into a game. Bioware are aware of the galaxy-sized bugger up that they have caused and are already hard at work to mend the problems and then some.
Patch notes after the jump.
- Fixed a crash related to memory fragmentation. This fix will also resolve the crashing that corrupted Save Games.
- Slightly improved load times and level streaming.
- Added some telemetry to better improve future titles.
- Updated some strings to fix spelling mistakes (Sorry Kaidan!)
- Fixed the picture frame in Shepard’s Cabin to accurately reflect your love interest choices in Mass Effect: Genesis.
- Fixed a rare crash in the PSN version in Shepard’s Cabin.
Thanks to Joystiq for the info.
Last Updated: January 28, 2011