Warframe has grown significantly over the past year or two, and it’s about to get even bigger. The Second Dream update is nearly here, and it will bring with it a whole slew of additional content to the third person space ninja shooter/slicer.
Here’s the basic premise for the newest patch:
An agent of vengeance haunts you. Ancient enemies conspire to take action, determined to cut out the heart of the Tenno leadership once and for all. Exposed from their veil of secrecy, the Lotus’ warriors may pay a terrible price. It’s time you discover your true self, Tenno.
According to an article over on PC Gamer, Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe, claim that ‘The Second Dream’ is the largest and most ambitious update to date. Much of the content is still shrouded in mystery, but one thing that’s certain is the Ivara – a new archer frame. Here’s an overview of what she can do:
• Her first power can cycle between four different bolt types, each one able to do its own unique Ability.
• Her bolts can currently create:
– An AoE stealth zone.
– An AoE sleep effect.
– Up to four ziplines.
– An AoE lure to group enemies.
• Any players can use the stealth zone and ziplines that Ivara creates.
• Her second Ability lets her guide individual projectile she fires — including bullets, rockets, Tonkor grenades and the Glaive.
• Her third Ability cloaks Ivara, bringing her movement to a crawl and allowing her to pickpocket enemies. This Ability also gives Ivara a bonus to damage on headshot attacks.
• Her fourth lets her use a special bow to unleash a fan of arrows at enemies.
• Ivara will be obtainable through Spy vaults.
She sounds rad! My true love will always be the Volt frame though.
Other general changes coming with the update include the following:
• Mag Prime PBR has been completed, and looks slick!
• A new Sword Stance is being added.
• Players can now change their Arsenal within the Simulacrum.
• Clan Warlords will be able to downsize their Clans. This feature will have a cooldown.
• The Updated Login Reward Update will include new weapons, and exclusive Prime Mods.
• Sentients will have an appearance in The Second Dream.
It’s been a long, long time since I played Warframe. If you haven’t tried it out yet, you really are missing out. It’s easily one of the best free-to-play games out in the wild at the moment, and it keeps getting better and better.
Last Updated: December 2, 2015