It’s not every day that a game hits the crowdfunding scene and delivers the goods, but Kingdom Come: Deliverance may be one of the few exceptions here. Released recently, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is everything a fan of ye olde combat could ask for. The clanging of metal, the thrill of riding on horseback and knowing who the king is in merry ol’ England. Spoiler, it’s the guy who hasn’t got peasant crap all over him.
Anyway, while Kingdom Come: Deliverance claims that it has the best hardcore steel on steel sword-swinging action around, it’s also the kind of game that rewards you for taking the high ground and getting rid of foes with some well-placed archery. The only problem currently, is that notching an arrow and letting it fly isn’t exactly a user-friendly experience.
Thankfully, the PC modding community has a few fixes for that. First up, if you’re looking to actually aim accurately then check out these handy console commands via PC Gamer. Simply hit the Tilde (`) key and type in the following to get a handy-dandy chance to see where your arrows will land:
- wh_pl_showfirecursor 1 – Adds an aiming reticle. Replace the 1 with a 0 to turn it off.
If you’re looking for a more concrete change to the gameplay systems, then check these two mods out:
- Faster Arrows mod – Pretty much as it says, this will make your wood quicker. Something that there is no shame in seeing a doctor about.
- Remove those stupid trails – Because Arrow trails will make the frogs gay according to Alex Jones.
- AIMING Spread Disabler – Disable ONLY left-right spread with aiming with a bow.
- Robin Hood – Combat, weight and stamina buff.
There are a lot more mods on the Nexus Mods page, although a ton of them do border on the cheat side of gameplay. Still, browse to your heart’s content and enjoy playing a game however you see fit. Also, don’t forget to set an entire peasant village on fire with your arrows, because that’s how medieval films are supposed to start.
Last Updated: February 19, 2018