What, you thought EA wouldn’t release a premium edition with more content concerning one of the biggest sci-fi franchises in the cosmos? Ha! Dream on! Here’s what a few bucks extra will get you in that premium edition. Including actual, concrete information on the game.
Briefly seen on the Amazon page before it was taken down (but not before the internet could snap a screen of it! HA HA!), Star Wars: Battlefront looks like it won’t just be ground and vehicle-based combat. It’ll also have some proper SPACE combat. Details gleaned from the screenshot:
- The DELUXE EDITION unlocks 5 in-game items: DL-44 blaster, Ion Grenade, ion torpedo, Ion shock, Victory
- Visit classic planets from the original STAR WARS trilogy, detailed with an unprecedented amount of realism and sense of authenticity that will transport you to a galaxy far, far away
- Experience amazing digital replicas of the original STAR WARS movie models, brought to lifelike fidelity by DICE’s use of photogrammetry technology
- Engage in epic battles on iconic planets including Hoth, Endor and Tatooine. Also, bring the fight to the previously unexplored planet, Sullust
- Pilot a diverse set of ground-based vehicles including nimble speeder bikes, massive AT-ATs and more
- Play as some of the most memorable characters in the STAR WARS universe including Darth Vader and Boba Fett
- Encounter a variety of beloved characters from the original trilogy such as C-3PO and R2-D2 (Lol, C-3PO ain’t beloved)
- Pilot the Millenium Falcon, X-Wings, TIE Fighters and more of your favourite vehicles in the exhilirating aerial combat
- Battle alongside your friends online or in split-screen co-op mode
- Seamlessly swap between 1st and 3rd person views
And here’s the extras that a few dollars more will get ya. Thanks AGB:
Personally, I’m hoping that a deluxier edition will allow me to pilot my own Death Star into a multiplayer map. I’d play plenty for that. Make it so EA.
Last Updated: June 12, 2015