As Nigma put it himself, The Compendium for Dota 2 is like the yearly tax you pay Valve to play their game. Seriously, who wouldn’t buy one? It not only helps grow the prize pool for this year’s International and serves as a way to interact with the tournament, it grows your armoury with some shiny new items too. We’ve already received the first wave of immortals, and two more are due. A little birdy (ie Reddit) told me exactly what we can expect from the next batch.
They all look cool. I’m particularly fond of the Sven shield and the Leshrac staff. What do they do though? Immortal’s normally have custom spell effects and such. One of these should also have a rarer, gold version as well. Another Reddit user, Nastrond, has the answer:
– AM is the golden one. Got the info via Steam Translation server and it is named Golden Basher Blades.
– AM also got a custom Mana Void icon.
– Void has also a custom Void Walk spell icon (Jewel of Aeons)
– Sven one for the Warcry (Vigil Signet)
– Leshrac one for Split Earth (Tormented Staff)
– Disruptor will have a custom one for Kinetic Field.
– Tinker one for the marches (Rollermawster)
This leaves one out. What effect will Shadow Fiend’s immortal have? A custom raze, ultimate, or attack? We’ll have to wait and see.
Overall, I think the items are quite nice. I wish other heroes got some attention though. Shadow Fiend for example already has his own Arcana, and Tinker also has his own immortal. There are dozens of other characters that deserve some love.
What do you think? Are you excited to get your hands on some of these items? Or are you disappointed?
Last Updated: May 27, 2015