Mortal Kombat X has been out for a week now, which means that by now, you’ll have found a main character whose style and variations meet your gruesome demands. In a game that introduces a new gang of heroes who could potentially lead the franchise into the future, you’ve got possibly some of the best fighters in the game. And that includes Takeda, who just got some extra attention in the latest patch for the game.
The ver.1.02 update focuses on throws, online play, Imposter Shinnok and Grandmaster Sub-Zero as well. Other smaller tweaks in the patch also included balance adjustments, a free Sub-Zero skin and previews for future Kombat Pack alternates–Pharaoh Ermac, Vampiress Mileena, and Kraken Reptile. Full patch notes from NetherRealm below:
- General – Throws (regular or command grabs) will no longer sometimes connect on a grounded reacting opponent off a counter hit
- Shinnok (Impostor) – He can now control the location of a stolen Goro Stomp.
- Sub-Zero (Grandmaster) – Combos on a grounded opponent frozen by the Ice Klone will now scale properly.
- Takeda (Ronin) – Added a new move “Quick Kall” (Down, Towards, Front Punch) which quickly returns a dropped blade without doing an attack.
- Takeda (Shirai Ryu) – He will now always teleport to the other side when doing the Air Shirai Ryu Port
Snazzy. Takeda is quickly becoming a fa- favourite right now, thanks to some beastly moves and a massive arsenal of special attacks. As for the netcode, I can’t exactly say if that has made the game better. I’m still experiencing plenty of match drops on my side when playing folks from other “European” territories, although I’ll attribute that our our corner of the globe which isn’t exactly optimised for that kind of play.
Tackling a friend in Cape Town or Johannesburg however? The game runs as smooth as butter. Just ask Kikmi, who helped train me on the weekend. Don’t believe in #TeamDK. #TeamD is coming.
Last Updated: April 20, 2015