The Elder Scrolls Online looked to be an amazing game. It had fantastic voice acting, a brilliant bunch of lore, and all the Elder Scrolls fans on the planet dying for more content. However, the launch has been less than stellar, with plenty of being complaining about incessant bugs and glitches. But they should be fixed, sort of.
The game has been delayed on new generation consoles for about six months thanks to “problems specific to those problems”, which hopefully means that the beta testers PC gamers will have a working version by then. That was part of what they were going for with the patch. Here are the full notes:
Combat & Gameplay
- Werewolf: Fixed an issue where werewolves could use Devour on the same corpse multiple times.
- Fixed an issue for a graphics-related memory leak.
- Fixed an issue for an animation-related memory leak.
- One of the Undaunted: You can now advance past the quest step “Be Initiated.”
- To Walk on Far Shores: Septima Tharn will no longer get stuck in the world.
- Breaking the Shackle and Army of Meridia: If you have both of these quests, you’re now able to talk to Vanus Galerion to advance both quests correctly.
- Vanus Unleashed: Vanus Galerion’s projection will now always appear for you.
- Cold-blooded Vengeance: If you’re in a group, you should no longer have difficulties in burning the boats.
- Plague Bringe: If Captain Diiril becomes stuck and unable to attack or be attacked, he will now respawn at his starting point.
- Snow and Flame: Thane Mera Stormcloak will now appear at the proper location.
- Eyes of Azura: Irrai will no longer become stuck and inaccessible for you; You can now interact with the letter on the table.
- Main Quest
- Cadwell’s Silver: You can now always discover your first wayshrine and go to the beginning of your first unlocked alliance.
- Malabal Tor
- Restore the Silvenar: The Bewitchers will no longer run away in the middle of a conversation, which was formerly preventing you from advancing the quest.
- Reaper’s March
- The Moonlit Path: The quest will no longer reset if you get too far ahead of Silvenar and the Green Lady.
- Dream-Walk Into Darkness: Killing the skeletons will now advance the quest.
- The Rift
- Tomb Beneath the Mountain: If Hakra becomes stuck, the boss scene will reset so you can still advance.
- Created a new map for Trolhetta Summit in The Rift.
Just look at all those quests that they’ve fixed. That’s actually ridiculous – didn’t they have a long running Beta that also included these problems? At least they’ve fixed the memory leaks in the Mac version – I don’t know why programing for Macs seems to trip so many developers up, but Mac version are often so, um, leaky.
Have you been playing TESO? Does this patch make you want to jump back into Tamriel, or will you just load up some Skyrim or Morrowind instead?
Last Updated: May 13, 2014