Dark Souls 3 is by all accounts, an amazing game. It’s possibly even the best game in series, and a fitting way for all of that solar worshipping to come to a close. Unfortunately, it can be a little buggy, and the performance on all three platforms could do with being just a shade better.
There are noticeable framerate issues on the console versions, plus a few other bugs – like one that’s preventing summons from working the way they should.
It should, however, get a little better with new upcoming patch. Not Patches. Though there’s no release date as yet, FROM Software and Bandai Namco have outlined the changes (via DSOG) that’ll be coming in version 1.04 (PC numbering) of Dark Souls III.
Here’s what’s being fixed, updated and changed.
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, performance improvements, and corrected various bugs.
There’s no specific word on whether the summoning bug will be addressed or not – but performance improvements are seldom a bad thing.
Last Updated: April 26, 2016