So it is here, here it is, it’s happening and nobody can wait! Gavin decided to make my morning by giving me this awesome post to do, so bear with me as I compare booth size and the “what’s happenings” at the really AWESOME gaming Expo of 2012.
It’s not the size that matters; it’s the motion of the ocean
Yeah, that’s a lie, but it sounded very catchy in my head. Top five biggest booths bringing their awesome to the expo are:
- Megarom – they have the biggest because they have a mind blowing line up to show off. Personally I’m quite excited to see what they have to offer. They will be showcasing Assassin’s Creed III, CoD: BLOPS 2, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, you can check them out at stand number 90.
- Nintendo – Second biggest stand award goes to Nintendo at stand 64. I’m sure I don’t have to point out what these stand up citizens of Gamesilvania have to offer, everything Nintendo of course! Also, they will be having a really awesome Mario Kart 7 tourney at rAge giving away a 3DS XL. It takes place on Saturday at 13:30 – and yes, the Wii U will be playable. Exciting!
- Xbox – Next up may or may not be Xbox (I don’t think I can accurately measure these stand sizes anymore), they will be kicking it all sexbox style at stand 50, with Halo 4 and Forza Horizon on offer.
- Telkom Do Gaming – Do Gaming’s stand at spot number 87 will show off some Do Gaming stuff.
- Sony PlayStation – Last but not least, Sony PS takes the fifth spot. Also, here are four games you’ll be able to play at their stand this weekend: Resident Evil 6, WWE 13, Lego: Lord of the Rings, Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition.
You can check out the expo floor plan below and cross reference that with this nifty exhibitor’s list here for what ever reason you might see fit 😛
Other stuff you should know about
Electronic Arts at stand 89: EA has posted a couple of tips to what they’ll be showcasing at rAge on their Facebook page, fans can expect to see Need for Speed: Most wanted and MoH: Warfighter in the mix.
Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE, Daniel Matros is also here in S.A and at rage this weekend, Lazygamer will most probably have a short interview with this awesome guy.
Open LAN will be taking place as normal and will also have a section reserved for the NGL League of Legends Finals, LANners will be welcome to spectate.
Do Gaming Championship
Well, we all know what this is about! eSports galore with Battlefield 3, Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 3, StarCraft II and more will have the countries finest competitive gamers battle it our for the championship titles. More info on this to come in tomorrow’s eSports Wrap-up.
Blowfish Entertainment brings Magic to rAge, for those who want to learn and those who rock the socks off wizards. This link has more info.
Things I bet you didn’t know came to rAge
I guess there will always be some surprises at big expos and stuff you never thought would be there. Here are some things I didn’t expect to see this weekend:
- Bobbleheads SA – Bobbleheads doh!
- BostonMedia House – City Campus andBusinessCollege
- The Dark Carnival – Chewbacca slippers just for Garth!
- FPB – BOOOO! I mean *cough* yeah, cool stuff 😛
rAge runs from Friday to Sunday – and here’s what it’ll cost you to get in:
- Per person: R60
- Weekend ticket: R100
- Family pass (two adults and two children): R180
- Kids under six: Free
Which stand and games are you most excited to check out? (Darryn’s Batsuit aura doesn’t count, neither does Geoff’s pedobeard.)
Last Updated: October 4, 2012