As most of you are aware, there are a few issues with Grand Theft Auto V’s online component; most notably that it’s just not working for a lot of people as Rockstar’s servers struggle to keep up with demand. They’ve now released a list of known issues, along with their assurances that they’re busy working around the clock to fix everything.
Here’s what they say they know is wrong with GTA Online.
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
They are, as said, working as hard as they can to sort the issues out; though I really feel they’re issues that shouldn’t be there in the first place. They sold at least a gajillion copies; enough to make sure their heavily advertised, heavily hyped online features would be working properly, given the staggered release.
“We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible. This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability,” Rockstar says.
Last Updated: October 2, 2013