Titanfall 2 is one of the best game from last year, but its launch between the newest Battlefield and the newest Call of Duty probably hasn’t helped it reach the sales heights the game deserved – and still deserves. Developer Respawn has continually pumped new content into the game. As a reminder, all of that content is free. No season passes, no expensive DLC – just free extra content to an already incredible game.
And the next bit of free content adds a co-operative 4 player mode that’s a mechanised take on Horde mode. You and three buddies will have to defend a harvester from waves of increasingly tough enemies. It’s called Frontier Defense, and between waves, players will be able to purchase defensive and offensive tools like sentries. It’s coming on July 25 (so after Destiny 2’s beta ends), and will be free. Take a look:
Here’s what Respawn has to say of the new mode in a blog post:
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
“Titanfall 2 is a far more “complete” package then that the first game was, offering one of the best single player campaigns in first person shooter, and a robust and cleverly nuanced multiplayer. It’s everything the first game should have been.”
And it’s just become better.
Last Updated: July 19, 2017