So I was browsing a local job site yesterday for purely entertainment purposes (promise boss) and I stumbled across this job offer on Pnet.co.za for a Public Relations Manager in the gaming industry.
Apparently one of our local gaming companies requires a new (or extra) PR manager and if you have ever wanted to get into the marketing side of gaming then this may be the perfect position for you.
They are offering to pay you up to R27k per month if you have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude whilst working under pressure
- A neat well-groomed professional appearance
- Ability to adapt to varied working conditions
- Ability to work overtime, outside normal operating hours
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good organizational ability
- Self confidence and assertiveness
- Creative flare and initiative
- Professionalism and integrity
You may also need some skills in dealing with pushy websites and magazines demanding special attention and refusing to post your boring news but I guess you can learn that sort of thing as you go.
However the best part of the job advert for me is that this new employee will also be required to â€œManage the crisis management process of the companyâ€ which is always the most entertaining part of the industry.
It’s normally the part where you as a PR company wander over to Lazygamer during lunch and then spit your coffee all over the keyboard while thinking â€œWhat the hell are those idiots thinking posting thatâ€
I love those days so muchâ€¦
Anyway so if you are interested click here and maybe don’t tell them we sent you until you have the job.
Or if you are more interested in getting into the writing side of things feel free to send me some examples of your work and while this job ain’t going to be paying R27k (or anything right now) it will get you free games and all the babes.
Last Updated: July 15, 2010