You all know Watch Dogs. It’s that hit PC game where players can hack their way through a corrupt totalitarian regime with a magic cell-phone before hacking the human body with a baton and bullets when the heat is on. And like most games these days, it’s getting a patch. A patch that should make it oh so much prettier.
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 players have already received that update, with PC and Xbox players now waiting for the patch to address several issues such as random bits of broken gameplay and a a few mission-killing bugs.
But it’s the chance to sort out the visuals that should be of interest here. Here’s the full list via the Ubisoft forums regarding the PC fixes:
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
The PC platform will always be the powerhouse of gaming graphics. And now, this official patch, coupled with the one that unlocks thoise hidden away E3 2012 reveal graphics, Watch Dogs will finally look up to scratch. Hopefully. I have no idea. It looks pretty enough to me already, because I’ve been mesmerised by those smoke and particle effects.
Last Updated: June 19, 2014