One of the things I’m hoping to see at Microsoft conference is the brand new Gears of War from Black Tusk studios but at the same time I’m worried they are going to continue to get the spirit of the game wrong.
The original Gears of War is still one of the best games I’ve ever experienced with a fantastic single player campaign and a hugely addictive multiplayer.
However each iteration after that has been worse and worse with the single player campaigns really failing on the boss fights and the multiplayer moving more towards fast based action and run and gun instead of the tactical shooter that the first gears was.
And then while I enjoyed the single player of Judgement the decision to remove locusts from the multiplayer was mind boggling and unsurprisingly did not go down well.
So what can Black Tusk do to take the game back to its roots?
Well here is my simple wish list, let me know if you agree or not.
- Slow the multiplayer down.
- Large health bars and tactics to win
- Make sure that sniper still exists but is difficult to use and slow to reload
- Bring back Active Reload, seriously why was this taken out?
- Avoid vehicle battles, Gears of War is close and gory
- The story shouldn’t focus on Marcus, Dom and Cole
- We need a new team playing through the same timeline as before and intersecting the original story
- Lambents and Locusts are enough we don’t need new enemies. Just different versions
- Single player to follow the Call of Duty idea. Short missions with great fights
- Vastly improved boss battles
So that’s about it, I’ve also wondered about an open world Gears of War but I’m not sure that will work with the typical Gears of War weapons which I definitely wouldn’t want to see changed.
Last Updated: May 12, 2014