Wrasslin’ is big business, as are the videogames made to simulate the best in sports entertainment. 2K’s been at the helm of WWE games for the past couple of years, with NBA 2K developer Visual Concepts working in conjunction with stalwart WWE maker Yukes to craft the game.
They haven’t been great games, but I’m looking forward to this latest one, primarily because the blasted reversal system’s finally been tweaked – which should make it a little less about lightning fast reflexes and guesswork, and make it a little more skilful.
The game, as is the norm for games of its ilk, will get a host of downloadable content, and yes, a season pass. What’s coming to the game though?
• Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
• The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
• Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
• MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
• Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
• The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
• Playable matches include:
o “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
o Rikishi vs. The Rock;
o Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
o Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
• The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
New Moves Pack
• More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
• The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
Future Stars Pack
• Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
• The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
The season pass, as you’d imagine, gives you all of this content other than the MyPlayer Kickstart for a discounted price. Pay just $24.99 for :
- Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
- Legends Pack;2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
- New Moves Pacck
- Future Stars Pack.
WWE 2K16 enters the ring at the end of this month, and will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360.
Last Updated: October 7, 2015