Both PlayStation and Xbox had some cracking announcements at E3 this year and as usual neither side was willing to give the other the benefit of the victory. Being a Gears of War fan myself I was obviously very pleased with the showing of Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Gears of War 4 but which platform actually had the best showing?
It’s the sort of question that will never be answered as each platform showcased things that appealed to a section of the industry but the one constant measure we can always use will be sales figures.
So far the PlayStation 4 is winning in this generation when it comes to sales figures so you would expect it to have the advantage when it comes to pre-orders. But when looking at Amazon, granted only a single retailer, the pre-orders are heavily weighted in the Xbox One’s favour.
Here are the top 10 most pre-ordered items announced at E3 2015 according to Amazon, as reported via MVCUK
- Rare Replay, Microsoft – Xbox One exclusive
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Microsoft – Xbox One exclusive
- Doom, Bethesda – Multiplatform
- Dishonored 2, Bethesda – Multiplatform
- Final Fantasy VII Remake, Square Enix – PS4 timed exclusive
- Gears of War 4, Microsoft – Xbox One exclusive
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Ubisoft – Multiplatform
- Horizon Zero Dawn, Sony- PS4 exclusive
- Dishonored Definitive Edition, Bethesda – Multiplatform
- Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller, Microsoft – Xbox One exclusive
So if you are an X1 owner you will be able to play/use 8 out of the top 10 most pre-ordered items while the PS4 fans will only be getting 6 of them. But it’s not really a fair comparison as both platforms only have a single new title in that top 10 and it’s for the PlayStation which is the only one with a brand new IP.
Last Updated: June 24, 2015