I have a horrible relationship with special editions of games. I’ve sworn them off, ever since that incident at CNA where I threatened to make a child bloodier than a Mel Gibson snuff film if he didn’t hand over the collector’s edition for Far Cry 3. I’m on the fence though about getting the super duper edition for Batman prequel Arkham Origins. Especially if it means flying across the world to get this particular version.
Here, take a look at this (Click to embiggen):
That’s the UK/European version of Arkham Origins that we’ll be getting. Now take a look at what our hotdog-scarfing Honey Boo Boo brethren across the pond are getting:
That’s just not bloody fair. It’s mostly the same stuff, but the statue that comes with it actually way, way better than the current one which has Batman practicing some auto-asphyxiation Kung Fu on the Joker. In addition, this is what you’ll get with the special edition, according to Coming Soon:
- Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce (Height: 9?, Depth: 11.5?, Width: 13?
- 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
- 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
- Batman Wanted Poster
- Batwing Prototype Schematic
- Anarky logo stencil
- Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
- Wayne Family Photo
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
- Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
- The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
It’ll cost you though. $129 to be exact. But dammit, I’d threaten another child smaller than me for the damn thing.
Last Updated: August 15, 2013