To my absolute, over-the-top, most biggest delight World of Warcraft’s patch 5.0.4 has finally launched and it had some really amazing surprises. Preparing for the launch of Mists of Pandaria Blizzard has already loaded some new content; gamers who pre-purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition will have received their in-game items such as the Quilin mount and pet.
If you already own the game, your installation has been reduced to just a little over 19G and if you’re anything like me you will have a tremendous feeling of “what the effffffffffff” when you log in to find that everything looks different!, “Who tampered with my UI!? What is going on?!” (rant-rant, sulk-sulk). Update your addons before logging in, trust me. All this is worth it though when you realize how much awesome stuff has been added and I’m sure eventually you’ll get over your talent specs and glyphs being completely buggered now.
Some stuff I am really excited about in this patch:
Account-wide Achievements, pets and mounts
Finally I don’t have to farm my Fossilized Raptor on all my characters anymore, and finally I don’t have to farm achievements and mount and pet rewards on my alts! These will now be shared with all my characters if I obtain it with my main.
Welcome to the club Blizzard, thanks for not making us loot corpse for corpse, just one click to loot all the stuff you viciously killed in close proximity to each other.
- The UI or User Interface has been changed slightly to compensate for new features such as new shortcuts to a separate page where all your mounts and companions are kept, preparing for the most anticipated Pet Battles!
- The load screen has been updated as well as character creation screens.
- Head enchants have been removed from the game.
- Daily quest cap has been removed.
- Prime glyphs have been removed. (Not really excited about that at all.)
- Cross-Realm Zones: for those stuck on realms that resemble ghost worlds, yes, talking about Dentarg, you will no longer be lonely! In some zones, players are now able to form groups with other players from a select pool of realms.
Check out the full patch notes here.
Last Updated: August 30, 2012